Today, every sphere of human activity cannot do without modern technologies — animal rescue is one of them. Every year, software developers release new softwares and programs into the market, to facilitate the work of shelters and organizations involved in animal rescue and pet licensing.
Therefore, we have prepared a list of 5 Best Softwares for Animal Rescue Groups. We hope our article will help you choose the most suitable and convenient software application.
Animal Shelter Manager is a securely managed online solution for animal control services, shelters and rescue teams. It has all the tools you need to track and report animals. Thanks to the functionality of the software you can access digital application forms, handle complaints, manage staff tasks and provide licensing. The software is ideal for large organizations with numerous staff.
- Accessibility – It can be used on desktop, smartphone and tablet. All you need to work is an Internet connection and a web browser.
- It has a wide functionality in creating reports.
- The convenience of use. The application has a full text editor, and a wide range of functionality for creating and receiving online applications.
- It has the ability to manage income and finances from different sources.
- It guarantees absolute control over animals (i.e access for police stations and animal control services are made possible), and access to medical records.
- It works with secure data centers in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Based on feedback from real users, the interface seems obsolete.
- The mobile application needs updating as it does not really meet modern requirements.
- Not very suitable for large organizations and municipalities, because the software does not have a complete set of options.
- Training provided is limited to documentation.
- Customer support is limited only by the chat option, which is not very convenient for users.
Software subscription prices start from $340 per user for a year. Animal Shelter Manager also offers a free trial. Also, there are packaged strategies: $105 for 3 months; $185 for 6 months; and $340/year.
PetPal manager is a useful tool for pet management and rescue operations. It’s good for special services and shelters in Canada, USA, and South Africa. It’s a web-based software package designed with all the needs of rescuers in mind. To enjoy it’s smooth operation, you only need a computer, internet and a mobile device.
- Constant updating and improvement of software.
- The ability to use only the modules necessary for work (you can easily enable or disable certain functionality).
- Easy navigation — available functions exist in alphabetical order.
- Access to medical records and animal databases.
- Based on users’ reviews, the application has a woeful r customer support. It is difficult to reach the managers by phone numbers on the website.
- There are confusing features of introducing new pets whereas there are no tutorials showing how to set it up for each rescue.
- Cases of payment problems are very common: customers make payment for annual membership, but couldn’t gain access to the application.
The app does not offer a free trial. PetPal Manager prices start from $25 per feature, for a year.
Petliscense.online is a convenient software in which you can work, both from a computer and from a smartphone, because the software has a separate mobile application. The product is designed specifically for municipalities and offers quality functionalities for storing, receiving, and renewing pet licenses.
- Renewal of licenses for animals is done automatically.
- 24/7 ability to submit and pay for licensing applications online.
- Dedicated dashboard that helps you track your dog and cat licensing performance.
- Special access for representatives of the Society to protect animals, and the veterinary clinics.
- The ability to create a unique web page for each municipality. Through the site, it will be very easy to set up a productive dialogue with residents.
- Mainly involved in the licensing of pets that are not directly related to animal rescue groups.
- It’s a relatively new product that thousands of municipalities have not yet evaluated.
The software offers a very simple price: no annual fee – only 10% per 1 license. The rate does not depend on the size of the municipality.
The main reason for the development and application of the TYR software package is to help animals. This software facilitates the operation and funding of rescue services, reserves, shelters, wildlife rehabilitation groups and any other group that are working to protect animal life. It is a handy database that stores information about animals, their health and medical records, and the milestones history (adoptions, intakes, releases, fosters, and transfers).
- The ability to store Binary Large Objects (i.e. videos, documents, and photos).
- Access to medical records of any animal, which in 1 click can be sent by email to vets or adopters.
- Reminder system for the upcoming vaccination.
- Donation history and donor lists.
- The ability to create mailing lists and disseminate important information to interested people; including the notification about upcoming events.
- After analyzing customers’ reviews, we can talk about the lack of a web version for users who work remotely.
- The inability of several users to work online at once, which complicates the work a little.
- Lack of cloud access from anywhere in the world.
The software does not offer a free trial. Pricing starts from $99.95 per user.
It is an intuitive management software for rescue services, animal shelters, clinics, and more. The software helps organizations of all sizes to manage animal data. The software supports and works effectively on both desktop and mobile devices.
- The presence of different blocks and modules for managing licenses, nurseries and even volunteer organizations.
- It has an intuitive menu.
- Ideal web page organization: Easy navigation from general information to really specific data (e.g a detailed description of each animal).
- Support for devices using the cloud.
- It displays all functions in alphabetical order.
- There is a big problem with the website – it is not available.
- Based on customers’ feedbacks, the software does not have enough filters to select the right colour of an animal.
- There are connectivity issues in the software (e.g reporting and billing).
- It is difficult to obtain information about an adopted animal in the absence of the name of the animal when it was in the shelter.
- Crash with the function of automatically adding animals to the database.
The software does not offer a free version, although it has a free trial. Pricing starts from $25 per user for 1 month.