Animal shelters are institutions that help hundreds of lost and escaped dogs and cats. Every year, they save the lives of hundreds of thousands of pets around the world.
Volunteers are a significant, and indispensable part of every animal shelter. Well organized volunteer programs increase the ability to care for animals. They also help to communicate the problem to more people. Hence, this increases the number of saved cats and dogs.
Nevertheless, it is equally important to organize the work of volunteer departments. In fact, there are special management positions and software for this. These help to properly organize the work of volunteers and simplify their life, professionally.
We have prepared a list of the 3 (three) Best Animal Shelter Management Softwares. They will help you maximise your resources to improve animal welfare.
The developers have created a convenient program for working on computers, tablets and smartphones. This innovative online product is great for municipalities because it provides all the functionality needed to store and manage a pet licensing system. Meanwhile, Petliscense.online makes it very easy to obtain and renew licenses for dogs and cats.
- You don’t have to worry about license renewal – it is done automatically.
- 24/7 full digitalization: you can apply or make a payment without leaving the comfort of your home: all you need to do is to use the app.
- Intuitive interface, and easy-to-use application.
- Open access for veterinarians and representatives of the World Society for the Protection of Animals.
- For each municipality, a separate web page is thought out and created.
- Mainly aimed at organizing work in licensing of pets. Hence, there’s no direct relation with animal shelters.
- A relatively new product — many municipalities could not assess its effectiveness.
An extremely simple and advantageous form of pricing — only 10% for 1 license with no annual fee.
Adopt is the most complete shelter management platform, ideal for managing volunteers; keeping medical records; and finding new families for animals. Everything you need to manage a shelter is on one platform.
- Functionality: all the records of care, adoption, and the works of volunteers can be stored and managed in one place.
- Automation of many processes, which helps to avoid repetitive tasks to save staff time.
- Help in finding new adopters: the platform generates an optimal catalog of animals to attract new potential owners through social networks.
- It’s free for non-profit organizations.
- There are automatic appointment reminders.
- According to users’ reviews, it takes forever to get help from the developers. And when you get one, the response has little to do with the question.
- Difficulties with “export data to files” execution.
- Too clumsy and not a user-friendly interface software.
- The app is very confusing and unintuitive.
- There are problems with data synchronisation.
- The basic features are not working properly.
The monthly price starts from $23, depending on the features and size of the organisation. 11pets have 3 versions, one of which is “Adopt” for shelters and animal welfare organizations.
It is a free software, designed specifically for animal shelter management. This online product saves a lot of time while helping to increase the number of pet adoptions. The developers believe that technology can make volunteers work more efficiently and helps more easily to achieve the goals of saving animals.
- Availability of a single online site where all information about major adoption lists for other web pages is automatically updated.
- It’s absolutely free software.
- The software is integrated with the Pet Adoption Toolkit, iFrame for Facebook, and Pet Adoption Tracking Service.
- There is no software to download.
- Advanced functionality: there is a set of tools for adopting pets — an adoption taker.
- A very complex pricing system and expensive modules.
- Difficulties in contacting the support service.
Although the application is free, nonetheless, many features are paid functions. For better orientation, we have prepared a price list obtained from the Pet Adoption Portal:
- Data Management Service (including the Pet Adoption Portal) – $75 per year or $45 for 6 months
- Website Service (including the Pet Adoption Portal, Data Management Service, Online Forms Service, and Website Service) – $100 per year or $60 for 6 months
- Advanced Website Setup (content migration/web page creation, navigation menu setup, and advanced styling of a built-in layout) – starts from $100
- Online Form Creation (re-creation of existing adoption, and foster or volunteer applications) – starts from $35