Code Enforcement Officers are an important link in ensuring the satisfaction of residents, as well as in the overall security system. It helps to facilitate their work when special software is used. With its help, officers can respond more easily and quickly to complaints, inquiries and statements.
Therefore, cloud-based government software is a convenient tool that law enforcement officers can use to access records in real time. Thanks to access to the database via a tablet or smartphone because with that, officers can quickly make changes and solve problems. Below you will find 5 Best Code Enforcement Softwares.
FundView is a web-based solution that can manage all stages of the code enforcement process. It is a cloud-based ERP system for true accounting, reconciliation of bank statements, and payroll. It differs in the presence of customizable types of violations, in which there are special custom templates for checks and notifications. It’s designed specifically for small and medium-sized municipalities, as well as local authorities.
- The ability to schedule tasks that the system can independently determine, depending on the past period since the previously completed task.
- Sharing common “Contact and Property” master files with all FundView applications.
- Tracking liens in every case involving any legal costs.
- Generation of reports on a variety of parameters, and the ability to export to PDF or Excel.
- Users complain that the system often lags and freezes, most especially during the printing of documents.
- The system for reconciling bank accounts is complex.
- There are balancing problems in reports.
For 1 user per year, FundView Code Enforcement costs $2,000. They don’t have a free trial.
CityReporter is a paperless, highly accurate and ultra-fast software solution for public services,suitable for use on both PC and mobile devices. It’s designed to facilitate the work of recreation and parks departments, school districts, and local governments.
- Reduction of the time of checks, by up to 50%, due to the use of special dedicated software modules (for each department of it’s own).
- Ensuring high productivity of personnel through the use of modern software.
- Customizable list of required and actually used modules.
- Based on users’ feedback, the final inspection system is not very clear and intuitive.
- Some documents may be lost in the database.
- It’s impossible to configure the management of contact emails from the checkout screen.
You will need to pay for using CityReporter, starting from $2,050 per year. They don’t have a free version, but offer a free trial.
This application has been developed specifically for small municipalities. It is easy to use because it’s made based on Windows operating system. The software is a system for managing inspections and solutions. It allows you to quickly and easily track the submission of applications, the issuance of permits, approvals, and the status of all necessary checks.
- There is a function for checking compliance with the code.
- There are additional modules that help in the licensing of commercial enterprises of villages, townships, contractors, property lease, and fire inspections.
- Flexibility to customize the system for a specific municipality.
- Users complain about the need for frequent forced shutdown of software when using it.
- It is very common to double-enter permissions.
- Incompatibility with Apple products.
You will need to make a one-time payment (starting from $2,999) for using Permit-LV. They neither have a free version, nor a free trial.
iWorQ is a cloud-based app, ideal for community development departments and the community service. It’s handy and good for tracking work orders, permits, and service requests. The program is excellent for creating customized reports and helps in making your own work templates.
- Simplification of day-to-day processes for government agencies.
- The ability to work remotely, either from a tablet or a smartphone.
- Availability and ease of pricing (since there are no licensing fees).
- Convenience and ease-of-use — almost everyone can understand it.
- Complete protection of confidential information.
- According to user reviews, the program lacks modifiers.
- There are no notifications about the need and timing of repeated checks (you need to track and monitor everything manually, which is not very convenient).
- Lack of integration with many e-mail systems.
For 1 user per year, iWorQ will cost $995. They neither have a free version, nor a free trial.
This is the most convenient software for municipalities, which is good for use on desktops and smartphones. It harmoniously contains all the necessary functions for managing, and storing pet licenses. Any user or municipality representative can obtain or renew a cat or dog license.
- Fully automated license renewal system.
- Creation of a separate web page for each municipality.
- Openness of access for veterinary clinics, veterinarians, and representatives of the World Society for the Protection of Animals.
- Intuitive and very user-friendly interface.
- Full digitalization around the clock: everything (including license payment and application) can be done without leaving the comfort of your home.
- The main direction is the organization of work on licensing pets, which means a limited scope of software use.
- Since the product was recently launched, this makes it difficult to fully appreciate all its advantages and disadvantages.
For 1 license, PetLicense.Online will cost only 10% (there is no annual fee). They neither have a free version, nor a free trial.