Animals need protection and care. Fortunately today, many volunteer organizations and shelters are created to help bring lost dogs and cats home or find owners for stray animals. Also, in special shelters, pets receive the necessary care — a warm shelter and food.
To help volunteer organizations and shelters keep them running, the market is releasing special softwares. Specialized information technology products help volunteer leaders achieve their missions. However, we’ve prepared for you, 5 best Animal Shelter Softwares. Below, you will find short information about each of them.
Volgistics is a product with a decade of experience in helping volunteers. This software is perfect for both small shelters and large international service organizations. The software is mainly aimed at managing volunteers (accepting online applications, and calculating rewards).
- It has a wide range of functions for scheduling. And scheduling for volunteers to collect their contact information.
- The presence of a complex relational database of volunteers, and a special reporting module (you can quickly and easily create reports in Excel or PDF format).
- There’s a possibility of using the additional software module, VicTouch.
- Good customer support, and free access to an extensive library of video tutorials.
- Based on user feedback, we can conclude that the configuration of the database is complex, which makes it difficult to select the required report.
- There are limits on the number of volunteers that can be added to the database.
- The interface is complex and customizable.
On the average, service charges are less than $1 per tracked volunteer for 1 year. A special pricing model is used where the customer pays for a specific set of features. Irrespective of that, there is a privilege for free trial.
Petliscense.online is a convenient software for working on desktop, tablet, and smartphone. The product is excellent for municipalities, because the developers offer quality functions for storing, obtaining and renewing licenses for dogs and cats.
- Animal licenses are renewed automatically.
- The ability to submit and pay for licensing applications, any time of the day (24/7), without leaving the comfort of your home (i.e. one can easily pay via the website or mobile application).
- A user-friendly and intuitive dashboard for tracking animal licensing performance.
- Access to veterinary clinics and representatives from the World Society for the Protection of Animals.
- Ability to create a unique web page for each municipality.
- Mainly engaged in licensing of pets that are not directly related to shelters.
- A relatively new product — numerous municipalities could not assess its effectiveness.
An extremely simple and advantageous form of pricing: no annual fee — only 10% for 1 license.
This is a special cloud-based software that is actively used by rescue services and animal shelters. It contains many useful tools that are excellent for managing animal populations, fundraising and supporting adoptive parents.
- The presence of a mobile checkout. Thanks to the means with which the processing of adoptions is carried out within just 3 minutes (with one third of them turning into donors).
- An extended list of medical features that have been developed by a veterinarian at a shelter to protect animals.
- Easy and direct navigation.
- Automatic export to Adopt-a-Pet, Petfinder, RescueGroups and to your website.
- Automatically fill in contact information with customizable digital apps.
- Customizable admission and result forms.
- According to users’ reviews, when manually entering old medical records, there is no “complete” option for expired procedures.
- Although the reports are customizable, some of the data that the software collects get lost indirectly.
- The reporting and searching functions have limited functionalities.
Pricing starts from $2.00 per month, depending on usage. Shelterluv doesn’t have a free version, but has a free trial.
It is an industrial accounting system for animal service organizations. It is designed to meet very specific needs. Shelter Pro is highly suitable for animal control agencies (city, municipal, and county), SPCA and animal welfare organizations.
- Ultra-modern appearance.
- Ease of use, so that staff can quickly learn how to use the software.
- Suitable for managing not only shelters, but also the pet licensing system, their registration, and donations to the animal rescue sector.
- Ability to use Shelter Pro Portal as an add-on product (i.e. a custom website with valuable self-service features).
- Based on user feedback, the software does not provide the ability to view monthly reports on computers without printing on paper.
- A very complex education system and expensive modules.
The final price will depend on several key factors, including but not limited to the number of users required; what modules are required; training needs; cost of data conversion; and the availability of technical support. For better orientation, we have prepared a price list obtained from the Shelter Pro website:
- Accounting Module (Receipts, Payments, Bank Deposits, & Invoices) – $495
- Shelter Management Module (Lost, Impounds, Wish, etc.) – $495
- Animal Identification Module (Vaccs., Licensing, Chips, etc.) – $495
- Animal Control Module (Citations, Incidents, etc.) – $495
- Donations Module – $295
- Traps Module – $295
- Annual software licensing (for 2 users) – $750
- Annual software licensing (for 5 users) – $1,650
- Annual software licensing (for 10 users) – $3,000
It is a flexible, centralized animal registration software with customized contact management and reporting functions for all types and sizes of shelters (up to 1 million animals). The software offers unlimited functionality.
- Cross-platform — ability to use the software on any device and on any operating system (Linux, Mac, Windows).
- Simplified animal tracking system (the database has simplified centralized records for each pet).
- A special database of volunteers and veterinarians with all the important contact details.
- A convenient filter that will help you sort and find data in any available field.
- From customers’ reviews, it is evident that the product is not often supported.
Hospitium offers a free version for shelters and rescues of all sizes.